RE: [MV] HMMWV woes

From: Brian Shook (shookysmvs@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 20:37:22 PDT

List
Today, before I tore down my 6.2 diesel to get the injection pump off. I
tried one more time to get the air out of my power steering that was gushing
out fluid. My lines had air in them. I was not holding the steering wheel at
lock at left or right before and this time I did and that got the air out. I
had to add fluid to the pump twice during the process. Cranked up the HMMWV
and it now has power steering. I got the steering fixed now, so I know that
I will not need a steering pump when I put everything back together again
after the injector pump gets rebuilt. I then got the injector pump off and
I am taking it Monday to be rebuilt. Fellow said it would take 2-3 days to
rebuild and $325 bucks.

Brian