Re: [MV] Protecting tools

From: Jim Cooney (triumphtrash13@eircom.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 10:29:34 PDT

Hi Doug,

I'm actually in Ireland. Our weather is fairly temperate and damp all year
round. I apply 3 in 1 all over my motorcycle for the winter months and it
does the business for me every time. Ok I might have to regularly coat my
bike but it keeps away the rust and over here that's no mean feat. I suppose
with your hotter temperature evaporation of the product may be a problem.

I also apply it to the ends of any nuts and bolts on the underside of my
truck to ensure that they don't rust and sieze. It's worked a treat for me
every time. I'm sure there are other products up to doing the same job but I
can only share the benefits of my own experience.

Whatever, I most certainly would not use WD40 for any form of rust
prevention.

Diffferent strokes for different folks.

Jim.....in Ireland.
M1008 A1 CUCV