Shipping MV Parts

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 10:59:58 PDT

Greetings folks. When your parts absolutely positively have to be there over
night, don't trust UPS to deliver. I ordered genset parts from Saturn on the
8th. Needing to get them before the weekend I opted for second day air. No
problem, paid the extra money and off go the parts. Come friday, no parts! Come
saturday, no parts. Call Saturn and they hooked me up with tracking numbers and
also told me that the package was "Out for Delivery" on the 10th. Called UPS!
Spoke with customer service and they said that they couldn't get it to the
Riveria Beach facility that delvers to my area. They blamed it on the weather
which they can't control. I pointed out that no bad weather existed from the time
it was shipped until the time it arrived. Then they said the trucks were
backed up from the bad weather. I pointed out that the package was delivered there
on the 10th. Spoke with the next highest supervisor and again got railroaded.
I told them that all I wanted was to pay for the service that I received. I
don't mind paying for the service I get but to pay for the premium service and
not get it? Bottom line is they have clauses in their guarantees that
precludes them from guaranteeing the item if the wind blows or it rains. There were
no restrictions on the trucks delivering Friday! How do I know? My sister works
at that facility. I was also advised by the customer service supervisor that
"Out for Delivery" means they have the package and that it doesn't mean that
it's "Out for Delivery." I have been shipping all my packages out via Fedex
Ground but now I'm going to specify that all items I have shipped to me NOT be
shipped via UPS. I've had it with their empty promises. Thankfully Hurricane
Ivan has all but missed us so hopefully I'll have electricity by the end of the
week.
Kenny