RE: [MV] my first 'real' deployment

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 14:46:01 PDT

Hi Tom
He stated that he was a member of the state guard not the national guard. 2
different things. Some states have the state guards as well as the actual
national guard that is a funtional part of the US defense department,
managed by NGB at the pentagon, while technically under the control of the
gov of the state. I think that he should be given the opportunity by his
employer to respond even if it is the state guard, but the legalities are
different for the volunteer state guards.

Glenn out