Ivan info from Tom Campbell

From: tedhils@cyber-south.com
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 11:39:03 PDT

Ted, how about forwarding this to the MV List. For some reason I can't get
through. I'm on a borrowed computer due to power outage.

Ivan in Birmingham, Alabama was pretty much a rain event. We've had 8-10
inches of rain along with the obvious flooding that comes with that much
rain falling that quickly. Winds were somewhere in the 30 mph range with
gust up to 50 or so. Only problem is that the rain loosened the soil, and
the trees starting falling on the power lines. I've personally been without
power since 11:00 on Thursday. Not too bad though as I've got a generator
and 20 gallons of gas. I guess from the perspective of someone who does NOT
have 3 feet or water in his den, or a tree through his roof, Ivan was pretty
much a non-event here. I've seen more rain and higher winds in a strong
summer storm.

I have spoke with Jeff Smith via cell phone. He is currently stuck in
Meridian, Mississippi. He was in St. Louis when the storm hit. His family
rode out the storm in Pensacola. They report to him that they do not have
any major structural damage, just some loose roof tiles, broken windows,
etc. His wife's family lives in Meridian and they are leaving at 4:00AM
Saturday morning trying to get to Pensacola. He asks me to put out to the
list that he is in dire need of a generator. They say he will be without
power for 6-8 WEEKS. If you have a generator to sell or swap, contact me
and I will relay to Jeff.

Thanks for all your prayers. It appears that they paid off.

Tom Campbell - Dixie Division MV Club (from a very sodden and dark
Birmingham, AL)

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff
1181 County Road 560