FW: 1971 AM General 2.5 ton truck up for Charity/Auction...Phoenix, AZ

From: Adams-Graf, John (grafj@krause.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 06:21:12 PDT

This note about about an M35A2 being auctioned for charity was sent to me. It auctions before the next magazine goes out, so I thought I would post it to the list. I don't know a thing about the truck. -John A-G

Hi John,

I know it's past your deadline, but I wanted to tell you about a special
event we have coming up. Government Liquidation is inviting military
vehicle enthusiasts to bid on a 1971 AM General 2.5 ton truck, to be
auctioned off on Saturday, October 2nd, outside of Bank One Ballpark located
in downtown Phoenix, AZ.

A true American classic, these trucks were first produced in 1949, and
today's examples are being used by our troops in the Persian Gulf. This
particular M35A2 was built by AM General in 1971 in Southbend, Indiana, and
is in running condition.

It has all wheel drive, and a flick of a switch inside disconnects the front
axle drive for highway cruising. It has a 10,000 pound capacity PTO-driven
front winch and the 200 feet of wire rope lets you reach well away from the
truck.

In addition to the winch, this truck has two other desirable options. It
has a hard top cab rather than canvas, and it's equipped with power
steering. The hard top, winch and power steering normally sell for over
$1000.00 each, PLUS installation, but are included here.

With rising fuel prices, this vehicle's Multifuel capability can come in
handy, too. Normally running on diesel, the truck will also burn gasoline,
kerosene and jet fuel, or a mixture of these, without any modification or
adjustment. They have also been tested on alcohol and vegetable oil, even
used motor oil.

This truck is equipped to run in almost five feet of water, and with the
addition of an accessory kit, can run completely submerged.

Its heavy-duty suspension allows you to transport 2.5 tons anywhere the
truck will go, or 5 tons on the highway. A Trailer hitch is also provided.
It has a five speed overdrive transmission and two speed transfer case,
giving you a choice of ten forward speeds or two in reverse....the choices you
need to go anywhere.

Proceeds from the auction go to the Miracle League "Because every child
deserves a chance to play baseball."

Terms of Sale:

- Submission of an End Use Certificate (EUC) is required.
- The Buyer cannot take possession of the truck until their EUC is approved.
- A 10% Buyer's premium will be in effect for this Auction.
- Subject to Tax, unless a Tax Exemption Certificate is provided.

The truck will be parked on 4th Street, west of Bank One Ballpark in
downtown Phoenix, and bidding will begin approximately one hour before the
baseball game. For more details logon to www.takemeouttotheauction.com,
Thank you,
Robyn