CUCV Glow Plug questions

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@arrl.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 16:15:37 PDT

Hi List,

I have had a total glow plug failure that was my fault!!! I felt the glow
plug controller wasn't working so Last night I used a jumper wire to "test"
the relay for 3 or 4 seconds. It worked and made clicking noises. OK so
far,...............next morning 52 F. and it cranked and blew blue smoke
rings but WOULDN'T START!!
         25 minute kicking myself for not doing this on the weekend, ya see
it was planned to replace all 8 glow plugs this Saturday. After dinner I
will be outside changing em out but even though AC recommends AC60G model
glow plugs I wanted to ask the list to make sure I am using the correct
glow plug.

         Any and all help/advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net