RE: [MV] m35a2 emergency brake problem

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 10:41:38 PDT

Hi Kurt,

I have found that a camcorder can be very useful when a person works alone.
In your case, I'd set it up on a tripod aimed at the emergency brake drum
and go into the driver's seat and operate the hand lever in various ways.
Then just study the video.
There are adjustments for the linkages and make sure all springs and pins
are present.
The brake will not stop the truck like the service brakes, but should hold
it firmly on an incline fully loaded.
Remember that it is a driveline brake and that it operates via the
differential. It's no good on slippery ground.

Cheers,
Bjorn