RE: "Book Plans" - installing VRC sets in Jeeps etc

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 15:33:32 PDT

Dear Listers,

here's a copy of a message that I sent to the Military Radio Collectors
Association, asking the administrator if he/she would be kind enough to post the
message to MRCA members. (My request was rejected by the way...the reason given
was..."No Reason Given").

Not to worry.... if anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Kind regards to all........
Ken

Original message read...........

"Dear collectors,

I have been attempting to pull together the various sources of information
for installing VRC radio sets in the M151-series jeep (mutt).

The question.....which TMs (or TBs) cover the following Radio Installation
Kits in the M151 Mutt ?

Setup Installation Kit TM (or TB)
AN/VRC-43 MK-1220-VRC ?
AN/VRC-44 MK-1241-VRC ?
AN/VRC-46 MK-1234-GRC TM11-2300-351-14&P
AN/VRC-47 MK-1306-VRC ?
AN/VRC-48 MK-1225-VRC ?
AN/VRC-49 MK-1224-VRC TM11-2300-351-15-6
AN/VRC-12 MK-1221-VRC TM11-2300-351-15-2

As you can see, I have identified three already, but now I'm at a dead end.

And to add to the confusion, a contact at US Army's Ft Monmouth facility
tells me that I should be looking for "Book Plan Ref Nos", which apparently show
how and where the various radio sets are fitted and hooked up in the vehicle

Have any of you got any of these Book Plans for sale, hire, loan, copy,
exchange for first-born etc?

I will really appreciate any help you can give.

You can contact me at muttguru@aol.com

Many thanks in advance....
Ken"