Re: [MV] more pictures of the machine gun cover on ebay

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 12:17:35 PDT

Wayne,

I have the same cover on my 50 cal. It covers the gun, as well as the
ammo can. It serves several purposes, the most important is the fact
that I can leave the gun mounted and drive down the road without
worrying about getting stopped by curious constabulary who were called
because there is some nut riding around with a machine gun on his truck.
For this purpose the cover is excellent, and goes on and comes off very
easily.

The second purpose of sheltering the gun from the elements has its good
and, unfortunately bad points. It keeps the snow and sun from damaging
the gun. However, it is not so good from protecting from the rain.
Because it is vinyl, the stitching eventually stretches the holes where
the stitches go through and rain does seep in. As long as you remove the
cover after a rain and dry out the gun and cover everything will work
fine. If you don't, the cover retains water on the bottom and you will
certainly find problems brewing in your gun.

I still feel that it is the best option out there for covering the gun.
It is far better than canvas, and breaths better than plastic. I would
recommend anyone who has a 50 cal on a ring mount to get one of these
covers and save your back from dragging that gun to the top of the
truck, and taking it off again after each use.

Just my 2 cents - I hope this helps anyone who may be interested - get
it while you can - just don't complain if you don't take the proper
precautions.

--
Bruce Kalin
Convoy coordinator