spin on oil filter adapter update

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 10:15:37 PDT

List

I have been calling around the last two weeks looking
for the adapters made by Fram (supposedly) for the
Oliver tractors using the Hercules ag version of the
multifuel. The tractor models were 2050-nonturbo and
2150-turbo. I was told by several people that the
parts are not available any longer and the only way
would be to find used parts. Hercules told me that
the adapters were Oliver's doing and they never sold
them. The question is, why switch to spin-ons? Well,
I wanted to because A. my canisters leak no matter
what I do and B. because the spin on filter that's
used has a anti drainback valve allowing the filters
to stay full of oil and that would avoid the dry start
up issue.

If anyone runs across these adapters I would like to
purchase some. In the mean time I'll give up the
search and keep trying to seal up the canisters.

Marc