Re: [MVlist] Re: [MV] What is it?

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 13:31:35 PDT

We have up to 2 1/2" stainless steel tru flate type 'Quick Disconnect'
fittings used for both gasses and liquids at my place of work where we do a
lot of Ultra pure water and inert gasses type of things.
    They may have made up the hose as a quickie work around type of thing. I
have a set of 1 inch stainless quick disconnects that , kinda, fell into my
lunch box, that are attached to 1 inch hose via the 1 1/2 inch plug in the
end of my 5 hp Craftsman gas compressor. We use it to blow out farm
irrigation lines in the fall. I let the 20 gal tank build to just below the
point where the engine throttles down (135 psi), then snap open the valve to
the big hose connected to 300 feet of 2 inch pipe feeding the various taps
for the irrigation line. We need volume more than pressure to blow the line
clear of H2O.
    Might be a similar type of jury rig, though flow is gonna be a little
skimpy with the hose it's attached to. It was a Logistics unit, so water use
is a possibility. Filling a 200 gallon water tank with 60 PSI of air will
give a spectacular display blowing out a 100 feet or so of 4 inch water line
lying on the ground prior to rolling it up, especially if you got a bunch of
valves in line isolating the sections which allows you too make a really
long reservoir 'tank' to blow out the next section. Beats draining and
rolling hose by hand. And Logistic doggies are very creative.

    Ronzo