Re: [MV] Help! Muriatic acid and aluminum don`t mix!!

From: Paul Farber (farber@f-tech.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 13:47:12 PDT

everette wrote:

>and we are all aware that under some conditions even blasting will cause
>problems with strength of steel - springs etc.
>

>Everette

I don't want to be rude, but when where has a failure of springs been
caused by media blasting? I did 6 sets of springs with al. oxide and
had to cut some serious scale. Never a problem.

I would like to know of real world failure of metal (on our scale...
MVs) caused by media cleaning or hydrogen emrittlelment.

By reading this discussion all my MVs should shatter into pieces when I
hit a bump due to cleaing with media and rust prevention with phosphoric
acid.

Pls provide proof (and not some lab experiment or some yahoo eating
2/3rd the way through metal with abrasives) that these things are actual
concerns.

Or is this list full of old wives and thier old wives tales :)

Paul Farber