Re: [MV] MV

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 15:15:52 PDT

>It is why any soldier who mistreats a
>Iraqi prisoner should be given a special medal..and if he kills one..he
>should get a silver star and advanced in rank..

Then that soldier would no longer be a professional solider, but a
professional murderer. If you act like the savages, you become a savage
and in the process lose all moral authority to be outraged. That is not
only the law, it is one of the most basic moral principles of Western Society.

On a practical note... if any of you out there weren't prepared for this
sort of barbarism from our enemies, yet enthusiastically supported going
to war, then perhaps you should question the need for war the next time
the President pushes for it. Any idiot could have told you this is what
happens when good people go to bad places with evil people lurking about.

Steve