Re: [MV] Spring Failure

From: Paul Farber (farber@f-tech.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 18:08:28 PDT

everette wrote:

>Mr. Farber I, and others gave you proof of mechanical and chemical
>embitterment which you have chosen to ignore.
>
>I think your continued diatribe adds nothing to general knowledge of list
>and is just useless drivel so I will no longer respond to your posts
>concerning this matter.
>
>Everette

No, you haven't. Unless they didn;t make it to the list? All I read
about was one guy with a spring in hydrocloric acid. And that was far
from proving anything. Who cleans GREASE with hydrocloric acid?

I said embrittlement does accure, as well as work hardening. But at the
level of MV mechanic its hard to run into embrittlement issues as they
mostly concern high stress parts and electroplating.

Btw you said 'mechanical embrittlment'.. thats work hardening, right?