Re: [MV] 1966 XM408 6x6 Military Jeep Prototype?..Not!

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 21:45:40 PDT

I was at TNJ Murray's in Dover, DE last winter. They still had one or two
of these in various stages of construction. Neat looking toy. I have no
idea if they were planning on finishing them as they have a lot of projects
going on all the time.

Bill Kealey
MVPA 24623
1954 USMC M38A1
1972 USA M35A2 non-turbo w/broken winch (oops)
1985 USAF M105A2

<snip>
> > This jeep was built originally by TE Murray as a six wheel M-151A1. It
> was made from a standard M-151A1 with the body lengthened and an extra
axle
> added. Later my friend Beryl Horning in Clio Michigan bought it. It was
> badly rusted and Beryl wanted to restore it to as close as possible to a
> real XM-408.
<snip>