Re: [MV] Broken Bolt ? Out in 8 minutes!

From: Paul Farber (farber@f-tech.net)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 07:30:41 PDT

Wayne Harris wrote:

> The Army has a new broken bolt remover. Read all about it at:
>
> http://www.brokenbolt.com/index.html
>
> 8 min is their claim not mine. Wayne

So this is just an alignment jig that needs to be C-clamped or bolted
down? Seems to me that the Army needs to train people on how to drill
out and tap a bolt. Seems like High School Shop class stuff to me.

Grind bolt flush - what if grinder is not able to get to bolt? Most
angle grinders need 6 inches clearance. Air grinders need less. Not
all bolts/studs are gonna be in the wide open to get C-clamps on them.

This 8 mintes HAS to assume that all tools are at the workbench.

At least with $8000 hammers they had multiple uses. This looks like it
will work in the few situations that will allow it to.