RE: [MV] Fuel Question

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 10:29:19 PDT

Hmmm...

So lets say I get around to buying that M818 that I want (to tow a halftrack, M113, ferret or any other supernice toy). Now commercially available pump-fuels have all sorts of taxes on them. If you buy the red diesel, it's cheaper because it doesn't have any, and thus is "off-road only".

So, if I run that truck on vegetable oil, which doesn't have all those local taxes for road, CHP, or whatever they pay for, is it legal? Or would you face the same consequences if some overzealous officers gets involved and starts pushing that non-taxed fuel stuff?

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1
1986 G.P. Medium