FW: [MV] Hard hot start, M880

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 08:55:41 PDT

I want to add that changing the temperature of your thermostat will not
change the temperature at which the engine operates. The thermostat is
designed to open and allow cooling fluid to start circulating through the
radiator at a specific temperature. Once it opens, it has no control over
the temperature of the engine.

The purpose of the thermostat is to bring the engine up to operating
temperature quicker by shutting down the radiator when the engine is cold.
That is about all it does.

Joe Garrett