M998 Radios

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 08:31:26 PDT

Howdy Folks,

I have two antennae on the M998. One on each side, rear. These are MX-6707
VHF antanna systems.

I want to add the GRC-106A SSB, high power radio to this group. Where
should the low freq, high power antenna be located?

There is a "tower" mount that goes behind the driver....mounts on the
"fender" (wheel house) over the rear left wheel. However, this is used on a
two man canvas top configuration....the four man top precludes this tower
mount. Mounting any two antennae close to each other distorts the
omni-directional characteristics and distrupts the loading (impedence) of
both.

Any input is appreciated.

Lar

www.antiquetelephone.com