RE: [MV] new Merkava

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 09:34:15 PDT

The new LAV-Strykers are known for rolling over, and having light upper armor that a hefty 7.62 (not x39mm) can punch though. Just this late summer one of my friends Kyle that is a fellow airsofter was driving one in Iraq, going under an overpass when an IED blew downwards into the top of the vehicle killing all the other occupants, and temporarily blinding and deafening Kyle. In this case upper/roof armor is the difference between life and death.

The Lav has already claimed 40+ lives in non-combat deaths just in US forces. Now it's shortcomings are being exploited by the enemy.

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1
1986 G.P. Medium