CUCV Fast idle and IP advance problems.

From: Caleb Pal - MilVeh (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 13:59:55 PDT

Hello all,

I am currently working on the fire depts M1008. I have converted it to 12
volts, and done some other small modifictations. One problem I am working on
now is that when I turn the key on, and push the accelerator to the floor
once to set the fast idle until warm, the IP doesn't activate the advance.
So basically it runs like hell when its cold because its not getting fast
idle or fuel advance. The whole circuit is not getting power it seems. I
thought it might be because the forward temperature sensor on the drivers
side, that measures water temperature, it was gone. I replaced it and it
still doesn't work. Is that a circuit board that senses the temperature and
turns this on/off. Could it be fried? If there is one where is it located?
Is the temperature sensor on the drivers side near the front of the block
indeed the sender for the fast idle/advance?

Thanks a lot!

Caleb