RE: [MV] Stryker

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 11:19:34 PDT

Hi Darrell

The humvee does not have the *new* black out light. There is no *new*
blackout light. And the military has not started putting this on. This is
the *old* IR headlight that has been on MV's and armor for al least 20
years that I know of. Since the advent of NV goggles many units have taken
it upon themselves to mount these to vehicles which do not come with them
from the manufacturer. The SF started installing these first and it has
become a practice by some units to install them in place of the visible BO
light, especially on Pathfinder vehicles where NV is the norm. They get
them from Armor in the can points or from supply. Hope this helps.

My humvee came with this mod when I got it.

Glenn