Re: [MV] HELP Please Bigtime Tranny Woes

From: Bill (bill@welovenh.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 17:40:21 PDT

Sounds like your preacher is getting hosed.

First off, if he went to a Ford dealer it would have been more money up
front but they would have a 12 month warranty on the repair so any
subsequent failure would have been covered in the time frame

I believe some national chains or franchises have somewhat the same
length warranty.

When you indicated repairs you did not state whether it was a factory
rebuilt trans or whether the local shop made the repairs.

What does the ATF (automatic transmission fluid) look and smell like?

There is alot more diagnostic info that is needed that was not provided.

A guess....

Either the internal repairs are faulty, the reinstallation of the trans
is faulty, or flushing of the trans cooling system after the first
repair was not performed and the system has been recontaminated by "goo"
from the first failure.

To get this done right the next time I would go to a Ford dealer and ask
for an opinion or diagnosis as to what is wrong. They may do the
diagnosis for free or charge a minimal time charge but then you will
know for sure.

Bill

--
..."A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan
executed at some indefinite time in the future.  General George S.

Any ship can be a minesweeper . . . . once.