Re: [MV] 5 ton transfer case problems

From: M35A2USA@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 03:36:07 PDT

The sprags get lazy....and you can drain the transfer and fill with kerosene
and motor flush and drive a few miles to try to get it to free up.. then
refillling with the GO90 or... the big bux new sprag unit from one of the
dealers.. The sprag in my M543A2 is lazy cuz I only use it for a yard truck and
in the winter I have to run it on ice with the chains off and let all the
rears spin as they wish until eventually things warm up enough for the fronts to
start to drive...They are really hard to turn corners with when the fronts
are not pulling you around.. especially with a load on the hook...I had a 800
series with the reverse problem and it would wind up and bind and then BANG
as it released...amazingly strong stuff Really hard to steer on the hard
road, too with the sprag locked...RAM