Re: [MV] Thanks for the help

From: Brian Smith (w.brian.smith@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 20:22:21 PDT

> Now the required vehicle content...Any suggestions on how to get the bead to
> break on an old 11:00-20 (cap) that is so stiff that the tire mallet only
> bounces?

I'm guessing the tire isn't going to be reused? If not, try this:

Lay the offending tire flat on the ground, round up a landscaping
timber or 4x4 post and lay it on the tire making a ramp if you will.
At the rim end of the ramp, position the end of the post so when you
have someone drive a vehicle up the post, the end of the post will
push down on just the tire and not hit the rim.

After typing this I just realized we're talking about Really Big
Tires. I'm not sure if the tire would have enough give to collapse
under the weight of a vehicle or not. This method works like butter on
a passenger car or light truck tire.

Good luck!

--
Brian Smith