Re: [MV] The long arm of the Law

From: Mark W (mnm3693234@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 06:23:43 PDT

I live in Texas and the law here is a lot more
accepting of people carry firearms. I live about 30
miles south of Houston and there is a old man that
lives down the road who drives one of those powered
wheelchair, scooter thing. Honest to God, I saw him
driving it down the side of the highway with either a
shotgun or rifle hanging off the back of that scooter.
 Only in Texas I guess.

Mark

<SNIP>

> > I gathered from they're grins that in a state
> where you can haul
> > your huntin' rifles in the rear window of your
> pickup that to stop someone
> > for displaying a "fake" gun on their truck was a
> little embarrassing.
>
> You are very lucky to live in such a wonderful
> place. I don't mean to get up
> on a soapbox here, but where I live in lower NY
> state, by Jersey and CT,
> putting a rifle in the window of your pickup is
> about the best way I know of
> to get Felony stopped by 20 Troopers with every
> weapon they can grab onto in
> short notice....

<SNIP>