Re: [MV] 12.5R20 Michelins on deuce

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 19:43:25 PDT

> I'll post some conclusions and pictures when all six
> are mounted and on the truck.
>
> Marc,
    I have 12.5R-20" michelin xl 12 ply radials on my 416 Unimog,
tubeless and I love them as a road tire. At 50PSI they will haul
anything at you can air them down to 8-10 pounds for off road
performance. Their weakest point is in gooey mud conditions.
I often wondered how they would work out on my duece. I am presently
looking at converting the hubs on my M105A2 trailer to the 6 lug
MB Unimog pattern so I can run the 11" tubeless Mog rims on the trailer
when I go camping with it and my 416 diesel Unimog. My trailer is
converted to a camper with a twin size coleman air bed
in the back. I will be anxious to see the picts and the performance.
terry lane

P.S.--I am still looking for a set of metal bows for my other M105A2
trailer project.