FW: MV - Flame Heater Fuel Pump Motor needed (continued)

From: machinehop5@hotmail.com
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 10:01:47 PST

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 11:46 AM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: MV - Flame Heater Fuel Pump Motor needed (continued)

First, Thanks to all you replied to my non-Flaming Flame Heater question.

 Bjorn's detection Unit is just what is needed to monitor the inner workings
of what is really going on inside.
http://imageevent.com/cranetruck/flamedetector I will be adding it to my
Dear Santa List for sure.

Thank you also D.O. for your in-depth email, time, and your first hand
knowledge of the flame heater system.

 I have looked into my system and found the Fuel Pump motor is toast. The
NSN# is 2990-00-907-0653.

 Now the 64 dollar question is where to buy it. I have looked around some of
the MV sites http://www.saturnsurplus.com ,
http://www.sprucemtsurplus.com/LinkPages/Electrical.html are two of them.
But no luck yet.

Does anyone have a new or used Flame Heater Fuel Pump Unit or Motor for it
in there personal stock? Actually the pump is ok I think, it's only the
electric motor that's toast. Magnets are cracked and broken inside and
Armature is shorted.

Please Post any websites or Dealers that may handle these. Or email me
direct.

Thanks
Dave Jensen

1967 Kaiser w/w Turbo Diesel