Trade Jeep for Deuce?

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 21:42:13 PST

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway: Do any of y'all
have a military Jeep or MUTT that you would consider trading for a
2.5-ton 6x6 multifuel?

I have too many deuces (6, and I'd like to thin the herd down to 1 or
2), but no quarter-tons yet. I would consider trading a running deuce
for a running Jeep or MUTT. I would not be looking for a show-winner;
motor-pool trucks that I wouldn't mind getting dirty are more my style,
and judging by the prices I've seen, a show-winning Jeep wouldn't be an
even trade for a typical deuce, anyway. I think that just about any US
tactical military Jeep or MUTT model (M38, M151*, GPW/MB, M38A1) might
interest me. I probably would not be interested in a truck with major
non-military modifications (i.e., voltage change, engine swap, badly
hacked body, etc.). Bolt-on mods that are easily reversed (like "wrong"
wheels) may not bother me. Dents or small-caliber holes aren't
necessarily a problem, either. Cut and rewelded structural stuff would
concern me. I'd want a truck that's reasonably complete and in
reasonably good shape, i.e. not a show-winner, but not a bucket of rust,
either.

I have a running M35A2 with troop seats that I could offer in trade:

     http://www.qsl.net/nf6x/forsale/04D98671/index.html

I also have an M35A2C "drop-side" that I'd prefer to keep, but a
particularly interesting trade might make me change my mind.

My trucks and I are in Riverside, CA.

I just sold my first military truck (an M109A3 2.5-ton shop van) on
eBay, and the buyer is working out the shipping details. I hope that he
has as much fun with it as I have! I have another shop van that I bought
to replace the first one a few years ago, but it took me this long to
break down and sell the first one. I have far more invested in the new
shop van than anybody in their right mind would pay for it, so I guess
it's staying in my fleet for good! :-) I have a few other cargo trucks
that I bought in the same auction as the drop-side that I'd like to
unload to cover the cost of the drop-side, including the one that I'm
offering here and a couple others that aren't running yet. I don't think
the non-runners would be an even trade for a running Jeep or Mutt until
I fix them up, and it may be a long while before I get around to working
on them.

Please contact me off-list if you would like to propose a trade or are
interested in buying one of the other trucks. My full trade list is on
my web page (see below). I also have some generators and trailers listed
there, and I'm looking for some HMMWV and radio items.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/nf6x/