Re: [MV] M35 Exhaust Brake installation

From: jatonka (jatonka@telenet.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 17:42:31 PST

What about the instruction in the truck driver's manual that says descend
the hill in the same gear that you ascend it in? Isn't that about engine
braking? What about burning the wheel brakes out or glazing them so badly
that they won't even slow you down on the way to the bottom of the hill with
the school at the bottom at that 20 mph turn? How about the signs in all the
mountain states that say HILL trucks use low gear? I am a truck driver,
have been since I was 15, I'm 53 now. I've always geared down, never ran off
the road to lost brakes, Gone a hundred and eighty thousand miles on brake
linings and never ruined a motor by using Jacbs Brake or exhaust brake on
smaller diesels. I think the weekend drivers oughta listen more and speak
lots less about the driver's world. John T