Re: [MV] Happy Veterans Day

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 13:42:12 PST

Ryan I know your heart's in the right place, and I
certainly agree with your sentiments and thank you for
them, but I wouldn't call this a "happy" day.

In fact I had to advise many of my media colleagues to
 refrain from calling this Remembrance Day
"celebrations". No one is celebrating.

It is a "commemoration" service to honour the memory
of the fallen, and to thank those vets of conflicts
who survived and are still with us, including I might
add, peacekeepers..many of whom experienced bitter war
like horrors on such supposed "peacekeeping" missions.

Cheers and to any vets on this board and serving
members of the military, Thanks!

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we
will remember them.

Marc