Re: [MV] USMC HIGH OUTPUT ENGINE

From: SGM Gene Pantano (TRUKS1@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 15:48:29 PST

It is a shame there were not more of them.... Only the MARINES had them.
They were made up for the USMC in Kalifornia. Out in the desert at that big
Depot.. Name does not come to me now..
I had bought 8 or 9 of them....from an Auction in Denver..at the old
Ordnance plant back in the 80's. Over the years, I sold them off..at around
$1200 each..
I have one left for my A2.....and a friend of mine has a spare - I sold him
2.
I sold that crybaby BUZZ one also.. He beat me down on the price..and I
hauled the damn thing to Kalifornia for him for free....and he never even
bought me a beer...nice guy..!
His turned out to have had some water damage I guess from outside storage at
the Denver Ordnance Plant. Such is life. he was such a dork..and "demanded"
I make it good -- that I just plain would not have anything to do with the
guy.. If he had been different in his communications..I would have taken the
motor back for sure.
It is not like there are any more out there you know. At any rate...he got a
good deal..and so what if he had to do some work on it... That's life.
Do you want that other spare my friend has....???
Let me know..Gene