Highway truck scales

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 18:12:33 PST

The sign just before scales just past exit 56 on I 40 in Tennessee - say
ALL TRUCKS - AND COMMERCIAL VEHICLES - this means any truck larger than 1
ton pickup, and any vehicle that has commercial tags is supposed to stop -
there are some passenger cars that have commercial tags and they are
SUPPOSED to stop but most do not.

However, should you choose not to strop your truck and they wish to they can
give you an overnight visit in the county jail, have your truck towed and
impounded.

I purchased a military vehicle few years back that was overwidth and in
glove box was permit from state of Tennessee for overwidth vehicle, this
makes me think that the law as written now does not exclude military trucks.

Everette