Re: [MV] Highway truck scales

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 05:36:42 PST

If you register it at 14,000 pounds in NY, you have broken the law. The
registered weight must be the weight that the manufacturer states is the GVW
on the original bill of sale. Your truck weighs almost (or maybe a little
more than) 14,000 empty. What happens if you, a passenger, and some personal
belongings go for a ride? You are then over-weight, and technically,
breaking the law. apb