Re: [MV] Highway truck scales

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 08:19:28 PST

At 10:21 AM -0500 11/15/04, m35products wrote:
>Why don't we all look at our respective state's regs and report to the list
>.
>
>Look up "registered weight" or similar wording and see what the definition
>is. I would be interested to know if other states use a different standard.

Its more complex. In my case, I was able to register my 5 Ton as a
Collector Vehicle with such tags. Theres a max Net vehicle weight
associated there (doesn't include the GVW as part of the class). But,
the more odd thing is that the Commercial Tag office manager gave me
the tag knowing I was outside the range. Kind of a caveat of the
Beauracracy realizing that the law didn't quite fit my type and use
and stepping aside anyhow. I hope it doesn't cause problems in the
future, but I suspect that I'll help more than it hurts. I was very
clear on how big the truck was and what my use was to be. She assured
me that it would be non-commercial and that a PX tag (correct weight
commercial tag for a 5 ton at 21 tons GVW) would be overdoing it.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -