Re: [MV] Highway truck scales

From: JoeYoungInc@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 14:04:22 PST

Ryan,
The M35 & M54 are trucks. Yes, a motor home has a
truck frame, but the configuration is living quarters.
Also, older motor homes can be tagged historical, no
way my 2001, in NJ, anyway.
There is no weight classification for NJ Historic
Tags. $33.90 gets me plates for my 5-ton wrecker for
as long as I own it, a one time fee and no inspection.
In NJ, a vehicle becomes commercial as soon as a
company name is put on it. The size of the lettering
is also governed as to height and so on. My tags and
insurance fees doubled when I went commercial with
my M1008. Same truck, same job, only doing it legally.
I'm not sure that I answered your question. If I did
not clear this up, e-mail again with the question
word somewhat differently.
Joe