Re: [MV] Highway truck scales

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 19:36:17 PST

I don't know how true it is but someone told me that the statue requirement
in Florida to get an RV tag is to have one of the three, Water connection,
LP connection or electric connection and they don't have to function, as
long as one of the three is attached you're good to go. He had an older
model Ford flatbed one ton, as I remember, had a sleeper taken off a road
tractor (smallest kind I've ever seen) mounted behind the cab and he had a
water connection where a hose could be screwed on to and thats what he used
to get his RV tag so he didn't have to stop in weigh stations. He hauls John
Deere tractors all over the country to sell but I think his story to the
authorities is that he is collecting them. No title so no way to prove him
wrong. He has a different truck now but is still doing it the same way. I
saw him at a tractor show about a year ago and the first time I saw his with
the rig was about fifteen years ago.

Sonny