Re: [MV] M825

From: JoeYoungInc@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 14:30:14 PST

All this talk about the M825 makes me real curious about
my M151A2. I thought that it was a M825, until I read the
post about the rear panel being different; mine is standard
M51A2. I did a complete restoration to a M151A1, so in
looking back at the total restoration on this MUTT, I know
that the rear suspension was not beefed up on my A2. I
removed some sort of (splash?) guard that was just behind
the right front fender well opening, the same kind as on the
M825. I also removed some flat steel braces on the passenger
side. I think one was somewhat vertical and inside the front of
the entrance opening and a horizontal piece that ran front to
back of the inside of the opening. There were unused bolt holes,
both in the area of the entrance/exit area (I don't know how else
to explain the opening, but if the MUTT had doors, this is
where one would go) and bolt holes on the top of the rear
fender wells and maybe rear deck. The spare tire mount was
still intact on the right rear panel. I don't recall if there were any
holes for an antennae mount.
Any ideas of what this truck might have been setup for?
Joe Young