Re: [MV] M113's in Iraq

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 16:36:58 PST

Speaking of flat tires,

Can someone please tell me how to remove and replace the aluminum run flat
thingy that is in HMMWV tires? I bought one that the run flat thing had
been removed from and I attempted to put it back in yesterday and it dosen't
seem to be a simple job or else I don't know the trick to it, which is more
than likely the case.

I put the tire on a spreader and tried to put the whole thing in, it didn't
want to go in so I took the bolts out thinking that it had to go in in
halves and then the bolts put in and that dosen't seem to work either. What
am I doing wrong?

Any assistance greatly appreciated,

Sonny