Re: [MV] Link to an interesting court case

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 13:41:13 PST

A live auction *is* open to millions. Only a small percentage show up.
  Ebay auctions are also open to millions. It is easier for them to
show up but only a small percentage do. It may be more people than with
a live auction, but no different.

The suggestion seems to be that collusion is right or wrong based on the
number of other people that may or may not be participating - a number
that nobody has any knowledge of or control over. That is a very weak
argument, IMHO.

That few bidders may likely be the only bidding pool you got. Just
because there are millions of people registered on Ebay doesn't mean
that they are show up for a auction. I rarely see more than a dozen
bids for any one item. And if those dozen are working together, it
isn't an auction any more.

Dan