Re: [MV] M113's in Iraq/Stryker

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 23:52:17 PST

My friend who's driving a M-2 in Iraq doesn't like them. According to him,
the armor is not capable of stopping .50 cal. rounds. The other issue he
had with them is that they can only mount one weapon system with no
secondary weapon such as a tow with a M-240. Most he said are armed with a
.50 cal. on remote mount. Apparently the army was considering giving some
to his cavalry unit but they didn't want them. They rather have the
Bradley's.

Cliff, what have you heard?

Darrell