Re: [MV] Gasoline and oir fired heaters, stoves and so forth

From: Bob N (notmanr7@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 02:03:48 PST

I have posted a picture of the Evans heater that was used UNDER the truck.
It is a picture from my book, "Winter and the Willys MB/Ford GPW."
http://www.42fordgpw.com/images/stove/evans_stove.jpg

and then here is some more information about the crew compartment heater...
http://www.42fordgpw.com/mods4.html
The pictures and drawings listed here are much improved in the book. The
website documents were copies of some early copiers work.

and here is a picture of the Perfection stove unit that would be mounted in
the vehicle to warm the engine...
http://www.42fordgpw.com/images/stove/103-0364_IMG.JPG

My interest is mainly in the area of the WW2 jeep but these heaters were
used by other vehicles as well.

And of course there was a whole slew of other winterization equipment used
on some of the vehicles.

Slave Recepticle
Primer Pump
Full Top Enclosure
Crankcase Ventilator
Defrosters, electric
Blanket Field Kit (for the truck NOT the people)

Anyway you get the idea. My website covers some of those.
www.42FordGPW.com

Bob N>