Re: [MV] Purpose of wrecker light?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 18:00:45 PST

Below are some of the responses received on the wrecker warning light
question.
Thanks to all that answered!
Bjorn

The purpose of the light is for warning. It is suppose to be used when
you are towing another vehicle. I believe I have seen some red. Mine
are sort of an orangey red color on both wreckers. In CA, is is illegal
to have a red light face forward. I disconnected mine and used the
switch to run the two amber rotating becons.

John Souza
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

Bjorn,

I seem to recall that the Operators TM mentions this light. It is
intended to be turned on when the crane is in operation (there is a
switch on the dash for this) as a warning to others. Not much of a
warning, if you ask me. I hooked the two rotating amber "convoy" lights
that I mounted on poles behind the cab into this switch. I have both
rotating beacons, and the fender mounted amber light on when I am towing
anything. I don't bother to turn on the lights when I am stationary and
using the crane.

John
(Hutterer, John (MPAU) john.hutterer@smiths-medical.com)