Re: [MV] Semper Fi

From: Jack (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 09:31:25 PST

The Marine did the right thing. The terrorist he shot
was not a prisoner, was not attempting to surrender
and was not a lawful combatant under the Geneva
Convention. The squad had other rooms to clear, and
couldn't afford to leave an enemy in their rear.

We've had our soldiers shot at by Iraqi's waving white
flags, playing dead, booby trapping the dead and dying
and most recently Lance Cpl. Jeramy Ailes was just
shot to death by an Iraqi who was playing possum. As
Navy Seal put it, "This is a safety issue pure and
simple, after assaulting through a target, you put a
security round in everybody's head." Sounds ok to me.

That's why I support that Marine and find it hard to
understand why any decent, thinking person wouldn't,
regardless of his home country. I signed that
petition, not a problem. If it was off topic, this
was one of those RARE times I think we should make an
exception, not raise a flap.