Re: [MV] Purpose of wrecker light?

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 14:37:20 PST

A friend was telling me a few days ago that he had his bubblegum machine on
as he was going down interstate ten and the FHP pulled him over and told him
it was unlawful to turn on such a light on anything other than an emergency
vehicle. I suppose they would let you pass if you were in a wrecker with
something hanging on the rear of it, otherwise it wouldn't be in a situation
where the light would be necessary.

Why do people want them on anything other than an emergency vehicle with
something in tow and probably driving slower than normal just to caution
other motorists anyway?

Sonny