RE: [MV] Shifting - Vehicle, vs Weight vs type of engine & trans, etc.

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 09:19:53 PST

Yup!! When I step down from my 40 foot, three axle MC-9 bus to my M35A2
w/M105 it is like hopping into a pickup truck.

The M35 is one HECK of a lot more fun, though, than my bus OR my pickup!!

Joe Garrett

In fact, it is easier to maneuver a cab over tractor with a 40' box down
  city streets than it is to turn a 40' bus with three axles. Two axle
buses, again turn differently than three axle buses. And, for required
MV content, we have been shown that MVs with single rear wheels turn in
a shorter diameter than those with dual wheels. Single rear axles turn
again, in a different pattern.

Just my experience - yours may differ.

--
Bruce Kalin