Re: [MV] GL

From: JoeYoungInc@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 04:01:24 PST

They've caused me enough problems, too. I gave
up and will not purchase from GL. The last time
I did, I had a heck of a time finding a company
to haul two trucks in. Both trucks were at the
Aberdeen base, only a little over an hour from
my place. The company I was using went belly up,
so I used the list of shippers that GL supplies.
The responses were "no, we can't schedule it" or,
in one case "GL stuff?, No, we don't haul for them."
One of my customers put me on to a fellow in North
Jersey. Although he didn't want the haul, he later
wound up empty in Baltimore and he needed a load
back.
Other problems are buying on pics on the Net, no
titles (NJ will not recognize GL's paperwork and
Form 97's not in my name), wild bids and having to
pay sales tax twice on out-of-state purchases.
Some think that I'm out of business, but I'm not.
I'm just going to sell M35A2 parts and keep an eye
out for nice trucks for sale that I can purchase,
service and resell.
As any old hand that dealt with DRMO, they'll
probably agree that once you got to know the folks
on base, things sure went smooth. They (yard and
office personnel) would go out of their way to help
a customer. Ah, the good old days...
The good side is that by not having fifteen trucks
in my yard, I can work and drive my stuff!
Joe Young