Re: [MV] GL Administration - Warning

From: Jack (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 09:18:42 PST

GL's huge number of employees run from good to bad. So
the service and cooperation you get does vary greatly
from base to base, thats just a given. I can deal
with that.

Their adminstration policy and adminstration
supervisors is really the target of my complaints and
they are all located in Arizona.

Thats where the focus should be and I wish we could
complain to someone to get it fixed. You can stop
right here because this is my whole point, but if you
want more info., examples, read on:

Longish...

1. GL said I lost my pruchase over a late EUC. Called
customer service, they said my EUC was late, couldn't
get item now. I said, but I DID send it in with 24
hours of the sale date, right on time. I have the EUC
right here dated with time sent, sent via fax to GL,
verified number, had the date, time and have the phone
record with fax confirmation of received.

2. Custermer service told me that is the policy and
there are no exceptions, can't get item now, will be
returned to stock.
3. Spoke to customer service supervisor. Explained
again, felt they must of lost the EUC, I cited all the
evidence, still didn't believe me, said they don't
make such mistakes. Repeated the policy over and over
as we argued. I said this was absurd and...
4. Asked to speak to his supervisor, his supervisor
said almost casually, "Ok no problem re-send it to
him, still have time and he'll take of it."
5. They fired that guy about 2 months later. He was
often active here on the mil-veh emails helping us
with GL growing pains and customer complaints.

If you ever have problem to resolve, its my experience
that GL is not what you would call customer friendly.

GL's Customer Service Supervisor has no problem being
rude, telling you the GL policy and how wrong you are
or insenuating you must be a liar, despite whatever
evidence you have ... the customer is always wrong at
GL.

No flexibility, no compromise, just like it or take a
hike.

Here's another good one...

1. Had my "paid" sales items returned to GL stock for
resale and was forced to pay, even thought items
resold at the next auction for more. Why? I was
allegedly late in my pickup. But, thats not true.

First I complained that I never rec'd any notice of
that action was pending and that I was waiting to get
clearance on other items.

Past practice: I pick up all at once (as I usally do
and have done many times before) rather than make
numerous, expensive trips for different auctions.

Like I said, I had items held for much longer and the
facility never had a problem, so I was taken by
surprise at this hard line attitude.

I argued in vain that no short period of time was ever
imposed for any pickup in the past. Usually I got at
least two auctions over 5-6 weeks after sale or when
ready for release.

I explained to the management that I'm a frequent
customer and especially to the Stockton facility where
I do a LOT$$$$ of business, why didn't they let me
know, if they were going to resell my items? We could
have worked it out.

GL Customer Service response... you know the rules,
(which were not posted and I didn't) and basically,
screw you.

Well, they just did it and then they charged me and I
was supposed to roll over and take it.

That's theft in my book!

I tried to complain to every level at GL in Arizona
and got absolutely nowhere. 45 days later I finally
called VISA and protested the phoney charge.

GL said, no, no, noooooo, you can't do that, if I
chose to protest a billing they consider it like
stealing and they ban those people for life, NO
EXCEPTIONS! (Another new rule)

I replied quite rightly, you took property that I paid
for then you resold it without notice and kept my
money, I would say you are the theives.

Eventually I got my refund, but what total jerks, I've
never been treated so poorly by any company anywhere
in my life.

There was more I could have told you about, but you
get the idea.

I wish we could get DRMO to take it back. GL needs to
go.