Re: [MV] Turbojet Military Drone Aircraft on Ebay

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 21:50:39 PST

>I would suggest that the winner require succesful
>clearance of customs in the US prior to payment.

I'd agree with Rick on this one. Even though the seller states "it does
not carry any harmful components or even weaponry", who knows what will
happen once Customs sees it. SME (Significant Military Equipment) can
also apply to guidance systems and other electronics as well as weapons,
armor, and other more obvious things. As always, the burden of proof is
on the importer, not the government.

Steve